Joppa House is a Christ-centered home with a voluntary program for women who are in active recovery from substance use disorders.
The primary purpose for our Christ-centered approach is to provide a place where the Holy Spirit can work as we provide a safe, rehabilitative, and structured environment in which women may come to know and accept the love and forgiveness of Christ resulting in changed lives, whereby achieving a self-sufficiency through a dependency on Christ the Lord.
We adhere to the following non-negotiable Biblical beliefs:
- The Scriptures are inspired by God.
- There is only one true God, revealed in three persons, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ: as God’s son, Jesus was both human and divine.
- Man willingly fell into sin, ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
- Every person can have restored fellowship with God through salvation.
- Water Baptism by immersion and holy communion are the two ordinances of the church.
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit is a special experience following salvation.
- Sanctification initially occurs at salvation.
- The Church has a mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin.
- Divine healing of the sick is a privilege for Christians today.
- The Blessed Hope; the belief that Jesus will rapture His church prior to His return to earth.
- The millennial reign of Christ.
- A final Judgement will take place.
- The new heavens and a new earth.