Jim Malewitz Scholarship Fund
Jim Malewitz, engineer, friend, and champion for Joppa House passed away unexpectedly in the spring of 2020. He was one of our original board members, one of our greatest champions, and particularly instrumental in making the vision of Joppa House a reality. Jim was well known in the Charlevoix community as a man you could count on to get things done, whether it was a small project, a mission trip, or redesigning our beautiful East Park; you could always count on Jim.
The Joppa House project wasn’t any different. Jim used his engineering skills to develop site plans, organize work crews for the renovation, and was our greatest fundraising champion.
He had a heart for missions, a heart for this ministry, and a heart for the women whose lives have been impacted thru Joppa House over the past seven years.
Because of Jim’s dedication and love for Joppa House, we want to honor his memory and legacy by starting the Jim Malewitz Scholarship Fund, allowing us to help many more women in need. This fund will help women who come into residency at Joppa House Ministries who are without financial resources, pay their $200 sobriety deposit and/or the weekly Shared Living Expense of $100 until they become financially stable enough to cover their own expenses, helping the ministry meet its monthly operating budget.
How you can donate
There are three ways that you can donate to the Jim Malewitz Scholarship Fund:
- You can find us by searching for: @joppahouseministries
- In the “What is this for?” box, write “JMSF” and the funds will be allocated properly.
- Checks should be written to: Joppa House Ministries
- In the subject line write, “JMSF” and the funds will be allocated properly.
- Checks can be mailed to: Joppa House Ministries • 801 State Street • Charlevoix, MI 49720
- Click here to donate on our website!